Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Macademia Nut Crusted Porkchops

This was dinner one day last week and turned out well. I adapted it from a chicken recipe in Oxygen. The original recipe included coconut, which Kevin can't stand. The next time I make it I'll play with seasonings, as it could use a little more creaminess.

Macadmia Nut Crusted Porkchops

Ingredients:
Chops (boneless)
4 oz macademia nuts (I used 2 ozs and it was just fine for 1 lbs of chops)
1 egg, beaten

**I also tossed in a seasoning mix I like with chops

Directions:
  1. preheat over to 400 degrees. Spray a baking rack with cooking spray, placing it over a cookie sheet.
  2. Combine Macadamia Nuts and seasoning on a large plate. Dip each chop in the egg, then coat with nut/seasoning mixture.
  3. Place Chops on baking rack and bake for 40 minutes (mine were quite thick) or until cooked through. Note- you might want to cover with foil for first 25-30 minutes so the coating doesn't start to burn.
Very, very good. Healthy and one of the better versions of chops I've had. I think with a little tweaking this would be a favorite. If you like coconut, just subtract the seasoning and add 1/4 c of flaked coconut. A great way to use some left over coconut sitting in the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment