Monday, December 7, 2009

Sicilian Chicken

I saw a really interesting looking seasoning blend in a specialty market a few months ago, but it was quite pricey. So I wrote down the ingredients and put it together myself. I've found it to be versatile and useful, especially with chicken and pasta dishes.

Sicilian Chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken breasts, naked
2 c Cheese (of choice)
1 c diced tomatoes, drained
Salt
Pepper
Sicilian Blend
1 box Pasta of choice

Method
  1. chop and brown chicken breasts, lightly seasoned with salt, pepper and Sicilian Blend
  2. Prepare Pasta al dente
  3. In a greased casserole dish, combine cooked chicken, pasta, tomatoes, 1 tsp Sicilian Blend and cheese.
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Bake at 375 for approx 20 minutes or until bubbling.


I modified this recipe to use up some leftovers and to use in the slow cooker. I substituted about 1 cup of left over queso for the cheese. I layered frozen chicken breasts, the tomatoes, and the queso dip in the slow cooker. This I seasoned with salt, pepper, and the Sicilian Blend. I set this on Low and let it cook for about four hours, stirring in cooked pasta at serving time.

Yum.

Sicilian Blend
***Combine equal parts garlic, onion powder, oregano and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment