Slow Cooked Pork BBQ
1 boneless pork loin roast (3-4 lbs), cut in half
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt (I used kosher salt and a 1/2 tsp of a "clean" seasoning mix)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1 cup cola
Sand which rolls
- Place roast in a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for four hours or until meat is tender
- Remove meat
- Skim fat from cooking juices
- Shred meat with a fork and return to the slow cooker.
- Combine BBQ sauce and cola; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is thickened. Serve on rolls.
This turned out really well. Both Kevin and I liked it, despite my not usually liking pulled pork or BBQ. I used a seasoning mix that I make from dried herbs that I know I like. The pork by itself, after step 4, was really good. So I pulled out 1/4 of the roast to use this week in my lunches. Because I'd pulled out some of the meat, I also cut down the BBQ sauce and cola to 3/4 cup each. I used a Jack Daniels BBQ sauce that I had in the fridge from some dish Kevin had made himself (I don't eat the stuff). It had some ingredients that I don't care for, so for next time, I will research making my own "clean" sauce. I was surprised at the large amount of pork this made. So, for next time, I will probably pull out half the roast after step four to use later in the week. It was a super convenient way to roast a pork loin! This is definitely one that I will repeat.