Sunday, August 16, 2009

Satisfying a chocolate craving

Great day today! Despite having a fussy little one who didn't let me sleep much last night, today is good. I decided that I really needed at least one pair of pants that really fit. I have one pair of non-maternity jeans that I can wear, but they are now too big. But I still can't quite fit into my pre-weight gain clothes comfortably.

And I found out that I have already dropped a size! Whoohoo! Major affirmation for my efforts to eat well and get going on my workout plan.

Good thing too because I came home with a serious chocolate craving. My clean answer? Chocolate Mousse. :)

Chocolate Mousse
Mix 3 tbsp melted dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao) with1 tsp of organic honey or agave necter (I used agave). Whisk into 1 cup of yogurt cheese. Blend well and refridgerate.

For those who haven't made it:

Yogurt Cheese
Ingredients:
2 quarts low fat plain yogurt

Prepare:
  1. Place 4 layers of damp cheesecloth in a fine mesh sieve or colander. Place colander over a bowl.
  2. Add yogurt and let it drain overnight in the refrigerator.
  3. What's left in the cheesecloth is a soft, creamy cheese-like dairy.
I've used this to make dips, chocolate mouse, to thicken sauces, anywhere I'd use cream cheese or sour cream. It's healthy and very versatile.

Recipe from Clean Eating Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment