I decided on a honey mustard chicken. I recently reworked my receipe to make it even healthier- it's undergone several renovations over the last couple years as I adjusted my lifestyle to fit my goals. This is definitely the version I am happiest with.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Mustard (dijon, stone ground, etc)
Yogurt, Plain non or low fat
Wheat Germ (or Oatmeal, Crushed cereal flakes, anything crunchy in your pantry)
1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine 3 tbsp mustard, 3 tbsp yogurt, and 1 tbsp honey and mix well.
- Spray 13"x9" baking sheet or pan with non stick spray
- Dredge chicken in mustard mix and lay in single layer on baking sheet
- Sprinkle wheat germ (or crunch ingredient of choice) over top of chicken tenders
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes depending on thickness and your oven.
This is one of my go to quick recipes as I can make it one handed as long as I've already cut up the chicken- which I usually do that morning to make dinner quick. I really prefer a good stone ground mustard for this recipe as I don't think yellow mustard can match the flavor when baked- but it could definitely substitute in a pinch. I like Wheat Germ as the crunch factor for added nutritional value. I served this with quinoa seasoned with oregano, parsley and basil (all dried), and had a large mixed salad while dinner was cooking.