Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lasagna

Kevin had today off work for Veteran's Day, so I pulled out my lasagna ingredients. I've been meaning to make lasagna for a while but the little man hasn't really given me the time.

Lasagna
1/2 box lasagna noodles
Jarred Sauce
16 ozs shredded mozzarella
2 lbs ricotta
2 eggs
Salt
Pepper
Basil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare noodles al dente.

Combine 2/3 of mozzarella, ricotta, eggs, and season with salt, pepper and basil. Mix well.

Spray/Grease a 9"x13" baking dish.

Layer noodles, sauce, and ricotta mix to the top of dish (I did 3 layers of each).

Top with remaining mozzarella.

Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbling.

Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes.

Remove pan from oven and let sit for 10 minutes to set.

Serve and enjoy

**Note: I normally use homemade sauce that has more veggie fiber and less salt and sugar, but I'm using up some open sauce that I keep for those baby emergencies where I don't have time for anything except boiling water for spaghetti.



No comments:

Post a Comment