A Sample Pouch Preparation
4 chicken breast portions
2 small leeks
2 carrots, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
- Grease (I use Pam High Heat) 4 squares of parchment paper.
- Divide leeks equally among each piece.
- Place 1 chicken portion on each paper
- Combine carrots and garlic. Season with lightly with salt and pepper (or any other seasoning you like) and place on top of chicken portions.
- Carefully wrap up each pouch, making sure the paper folds are sealed.
- When cooking, bake pouches at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and serve hot.
- Pouches are easily frozen. I wrap each pouch in aluminum foil and place pouches in a Ziploc Freezer bag.
- You can use any combination of protein and vegetable. I frequently toss a diced red potato in as well for a complete meal.
- This is a great use for frozen chicken breasts and fish fillets.
- A little drizzle of olive oil, especially paired with a squeeze of fresh lemon, lime or orange, creates a light sauce.
- For quick meals, I sometimes will make several of these on the weekend and cook a big pot of brown rice that I store in single serving containers. Then, for lunch on the go, I can heat up the rice and eat with my pouch protein- healthy, filling and quick.